I am a fan of anything that makes my life easier. After cleaning houses for seven years, you can imagine I’ve tried just about every “spray it and forget it” or “we do the work for you” product out there. Very few have made the cut, but these are the products I cannot live without. (And, in no way was I compensated for any of these products. I just love them!)
- Swiffer extended duster. By far, my favorite product of all time. Being 5′ 2” I need all the extra arm space I can get! This product allows easy cleaning for fans, cobwebs in corners, shelving, picture frames and more! If you buy the dusters, you’ll notice they bend and conform easily to fit into tight spaces you wouldn’t normally be able to reach. I love the citrus scented duster refills, but they are not all-natural. 🙁
- Magic Eraser. There is a lot of controversy regarding the Magic Eraser. First, I like it. It removes soap scum in one swipe, it is the only product I know that can remove just about any scuff mark, sticky residue, crayon and more off of walls. It seriously is magic. I’ve done my research and it’s murky. The product is not all-natural, but the only time it is hazardous is if ingested or filed down to a powder and sniffed. (NOTE: please don’t eat sponges or file them down to a powder to snort. It’s unbecoming.)
- Microfiber towels. These all-natural little towels are tough. They are great for dusting because they attract the dust. The texture helps to shine mirrors and chrome fixtures. It’s also very helpful getting fingerprints off of stainless steel appliances in the kitchen. I couldn’t live without these little guys.
- Rubbermaid Reveal mop. I have been through some mops! I’ve had the old-school mop heads that you stick your hand in the mop to wring it out. I’ve had the expensive Swiffer mops that constantly caused me to buy replacement pads, juice, batteries, you get the gist. This Reveal mop is awesome! It has basically a water bottle that you can put whatever concoction of product you want. (I usually use vinegar and water.) Pop the water bottle on the mop and with a few squirts, you’re finished before you know it! The mop head is a reusable microfiber and it is all-natural. (YES!)
- Melaleuca products. These products are wonderful. They are all-natural, chemical-free and safe to use around children and pets. Actually, it is one of the only cleaning products that your child could drink an entire full concentrated bottle and if you call poison control they will tell you not to worry about it. How much safer could you get?! They have a variety of products for every room in your home. Check them out.
And there you have it! A few of the products that I cannot live without. What are some of your favorite cleaning products?