I love finding new uses for ingredients I have in my pantry. I don’t have to wonder if it’s safe to use because most of them, I use in food! AND, they are cheap! One of my favorite ingredients that has multiple uses is baking soda. Baking soda is wonderful! It can be used just about anywhere.
Here are my top 10 uses for baking soda:
1. Freshen rugs by sprinkling baking soda on carpet. Wait at least 15 minutes (preferably overnight), then vacuum.
2. Get your clothes cleaner and brighter by adding one cup of baking soda along with your regular liquid detergent on your next load of laundry.
3. Sprinkle baking soda in the bottom of the kitty litter box, add litter on top to help reduce smells. Also, make a do it yourself litter by mixing a small box of baking soda with three inches of sandy clay.
4. Pour one cup of baking soda, followed by one cup of vinegar, and a pot of boiling water down the kitchen drain to remove clogs.
5. Massage a handful of baking soda on your scalp in place of shampoo for a few weeks to fight dandruff.
6. Sprinkle ¼ cup of baking soda in the toilet bowl and scrub clean.
7. For a thorough toothbrush cleaning, mix ¼ cup of baking soda and ¼ cup of water to soak toothbrushes overnight.
8. Scatter baking soda, instead of salt, on icy sidewalks.
9. Freshen your pet’s breath by brushing their teeth with baking soda.
10. Sprinkle baking soda in the bottom of the hamper, or over dirty clothes, to keep items fresher until laundry day.
There many other ways to use baking soda. What are some of your favorites? Comment on our Facebook page! Www.facebook.com/Miraclean